Develocity enables Applied Materials to reduce build time by 50% and recruit top talent by embracing DPE
Slow builds & tests
- Slow builds and tests had an increasingly negative impact on development team productivity and efficiency.
- A lack of observability to build and test performance regressions, failure trends, and productivity bottlenecks resulted in troubleshooting challenges and delays in problem resolution
“Develocity has made an impact on performance and the time savings we experienced on build and test cycle times have dramatically improved developer productivity.”
“Develocity is an important enabling technology for our digital transformation strategy and a mission-critical component of our developer productivity strategy.”
Reduced build times & sustained performance gains
- 1Build Cache to reduce build times by enabling the reuse of unchanged build and test outputs that are unaffected by new code, and Performance Continuity to sustain the performance gains achieved by Build Cache
- 2Build Scan® to provide observability and comprehensive reports on all aspects of builds — useful in troubleshooting build failures and performance problems
- 3Failure Analytics to track and build and test failures for prioritization and resolution
Build time cut by 50%
- Less than 3 months was needed to fully repay their investment in Develocity.
- Build Cache reduced build times by 50%.
- Build Scan enabled more rapid resolution of failures and granular observability into all build and test processes.
- Develocity DPE benefits improved the developer experience and facilitated recruiting and retaining top talent.