In this hands-on online workshop, you will learn how to improve developer productivity when working with Gradle and Maven builds by using Gradle Enterprise.
Most development teams build from thousands to hundreds of thousands of times a day. By investing just a few hours into your Gradle or Maven build, you can create hours or days of productivity for your development team so they can innovate at their full potential.
This is an online, moderated class with live instruction with both lecture and lab exercises that teach you how to:
- Measure Gradle and Maven build speed and reliability
- Understand which metrics are important
- Apply these analyses to your own Gradle and Maven builds
- Debug Gradle and Maven build and test failures with build scans
- Use build caching to make Gradle and Maven builds dramatically faster
Senior Software Engineer @ Gradle
Developer Advocate @ Gradle
Gradle and Maven build tool users interested in speeding up builds are encouraged to attend the training.
Prerequisites and Objectives
After this training the participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of using the Gradle or Maven build cache
- Use and configure the build cache
- Optimize build logic for maximum cacheability
- Maximize the benefits of the local and remote build cache for both Gradle and Maven
- Current state of build engineering
- What is Gradle Enterprise and what are its benefits?
- Lab 1: Creating a build scan
- Lab 2: Extending build scans
- What is a build cache?
- Gradle and Maven build caching
- Lab 3: Using the local build cache
- Remote build cache and its topology
- Lab 4: Using the remote build cache
- Lab 5: Comparing builds to understand cache misses
- Best practices to increase cache effectiveness
- Build cache administration
- Performance monitoring and data analysis
- Lab 6: Live dashboard of build activity