Next Developer Productivity Engineering Meetup
Sponsored by: Gradle and Netflix Engineering
Live Q&A: How Netflix Does Developer Productivity Engineering
October 21, 2021
2:00 PM – 2:40 PM PT + Q&A
You can’t improve developer productivity and the developer experience without collecting and analyzing data from developer behavior and your software production process. You also need the right tools to make sense of all this data to prioritize improvement opportunities and take action.
In this Developer Productivity Engineering Meetup we will talk to Danny Thomas from the Netflix Productivity Engineering team. We’ll explore the people, processes, and tools that Netflix put in place to improve the productivity of their engineers with the ultimate goal of shipping higher quality content to subscribers faster.
Developer Productivity Engineering (DPE) is a new software development practice that uses acceleration technologies to speed up the software build and test process and data analytics to optimize the impact of acceleration technologies and make troubleshooting more efficient.
Danny Thomas is a member of the Netflix Developer Productivity team who focuses on build and dependency management. He is a 20-year software industry veteran with a background in systems, network, and performance engineering.
- The right time to stand up a dedicated team to focus on DPE?
- The structure and size of the productivity engineering team at Netflix
- Initial goals and business outcomes achieved
- Key data/metrics and tooling
- Biggest productivity engineering win in past few years
- Biggest DPE moonshot moving forward
- Best advice for teams that want to ship software faster at scale