June 1, 2023
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM PST
The Gradle Build Tool has a plugin framework that allows you to package reusable pieces of build logic that can be applied to different independent projects. You can author plugins to share new tasks, conventions as well as extend existing functionality.
By the end of this training you will learn how to develop, test and publish your own Gradle plugins.
2.5 hours training session
This class is designed for Gradle Build Tool users that want to author their own plugins.
- Gradle Build Tool experience including:
- Understanding of core Gradle build concepts
- Authoring and editing build files
- Working with convention plugins (either buildSrc or includeBuild)
- Some experience developing in Kotlin
- Learn how to develop maintainable Gradle plugins
- Overview of Gradle plugins
- Develop a Gradle plugin
- Authoring build logic
- Writing tests
- Next Steps