If you are not already familiar with Developer Productivity Engineering (DPE), it is a software development practice used by leading software development organizations to maximize developer productivity and happiness. DPE does this using automation, build and test acceleration technologies, and actionable data analytics to deliver measurable outcomes like faster feedback cycles and reduced mean-time-to-resolution for build and test failures. In this hands-on training with labs we will demonstrate DPE best practices and tools in action using examples from Java projects that rely on Maven or the Gradle build tool.
At a high level you will learn how to:
- Leverage build and test acceleration technologies like Build Cache and Test Distribution to instantly speed up feedback cycles as much as 90%
- Cut troubleshooting time in half using data analytics to rapidly identify incident root causes and better manage avoidable failures like flaky tests
- Continuously improve performance and guard against regressions through metric, KPI and trend observability
More specifically, this training will cover how to:
- Accelerate debugging and root cause analysis leveraging “build scans”
- Achieve significant reductions in local and remote build times using “build caches”
- Avoid performance regressions and continuously improve toolchain reliability with performance management “analytics”
- Detect, prioritize and eliminate the most damaging flaky tests utilizing a “test dashboard”
- Integrate with Git/Jenkins
The end-result of pursuing DPE excellence will be a transformative and highly satisfying developer experience.
Developer Advocate @ Gradle
1675 Owens Street, Suite 251 University of California, San Francisco, CA., 94143-3008
Upon registration, you’ll receive a promo code to get 50% off your droidcon conference ticket purchase!