June 8, 2023
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM PST
Large software projects may consist of many components, each with its own configuration. Managing the growing configuration can be challenging and if not done correctly lead to misconfiguration and frustration. Also often there will be common configuration and dependencies for these components.
In this training we will cover best practices on how to organize build configuration for large software projects. We will dive into details of Gradle Build Tool features that make it easier to manage shared configuration and dependencies. These will not only make it easier to manage configuration for large software projects, but also improve build performance.
2.5 hours training session
This class is designed for Build Engineers and Software Developers who want to learn how to better manage Gradle Build Tool configuration for large software projects.
- Gradle Build Tool experience
- Knowledge of core concepts
- Authoring Gradle build files including defining dependencies
- Executing common tasks to compile, test and package
- Kotlin experience is a plus but not required
- Experience with software development
- Learn how to structure build configuration for large software projects
- Shared Configuration
- Legacy approaches
- Custom Task Configuration
- Version Catalog
- Usage in shared configuration
- Next Steps