S2E3: Developer Tools at Scale
In this episode, developer tooling experts from Block (Cash App), Grubhub, Meta (Facebook), and Netflix, will share their views on how to best leverage tools to improve productivity and the developer experience at large-scale leading-edge organizations. Vote on which panelist provided the best advice or made the most interesting point on various tool-related hot—and sometimes controversial—topics.
This episode’s all-star panelists include:
Senior Software Engineer
- Mono-repo vs. Multi-repo?
- What’s the biggest developer productivity mistake you’ve made in the last two years?
- How do you determine when a migration is done?
- How do you balance the trade off of churn in your tooling? Churn vs. shipping new features? Tooling stability?
- How do you get developers to use your tools?
- What’s the next big thing in developer productivity?
- What’s the last thing you’ve seen that has been a slam dunk?
- How do you identify developer pain points in the developer life cycle?
- What is the biggest problem with IDEs?
Not familiar with DevProdEng Showdown? It’s a series of live-streamed 30-minute episodes featuring a panel of distinguished experts debating hot topics related to Developer Productivity Engineering. Check out ourpromo video below to get a better idea of what you’re in for. Don’t forget to invite your colleagues that care about DevProd and DevX.