Jenn Strater, Developer Advocate at Gradle, will talk about the emerging practice of developer productivity engineering, the discipline of applying data and acceleration technologies to speed up and improve the essential software development processes from builds to testing to CI. The examples are from Java projects using Maven or Gradle and do not require a migration to a different build tool.
He will show how to:
- Quantify the costs of a low productivity environment with wasted time waiting for builds, tests, and CI/CD pipelines
- Communicate the importance of fast feedback cycles and catching errors earlier, including incorrect signals like flaky tests
- Discuss acceleration technologies for speeding up feedback cycles
- Make the practice of developer productivity engineering a respected discipline
- Use data to understand and improve essential development processes
When and Where
March 5th, 2020 from 6 pm to 8 pm
1515 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Duration and Format
45-minute talk and 15-minute Q&A.